Posted by Jason
We just got the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition for filming our bjj rolling and judo randori. The Black Edition is the top of the line in GoPro's newest Hero 3 camera. What sets the Black Edition apart from the white and silver editions?
- Megapixels: 12 million of them versus 11 and 5 respectively
- The lens: double sharp lens compared to the other two. What good are megapixels if the light can't get through the glass?
- Sequence shots: 30 hi def, high speed photos can be taken in 1 second or 30 frames spread over 3 seconds. This will be perfect for taking technique shots of throws.
- Higher bitrate: allows for a higher variety of frame rates at different resolutions
- Price: way more but hopefully worth it!
- And a bunch of other stuff which you can learn about on GoPro's website here
On with the unboxing! Like a kid on Christmas morning, here is me unboxing the GoPro with my pajamas on as well as a sample photo at the bottom. Full review to come later on.